Monday, March 10, 2008

i should get paid more for what i do

9:00 pm
3/10/08
My room

I should definately get paid more than i do at the deli. It's not just because i work hard when I'm there it's the extra things i do for those people. Last night i didn't get home until around 2 in the morning, because i expected to be going to work at eleven the following day. I got a call at seven this morning, it was my boss telling me someone called in sick, and he wanted to know if i could come in early. What did i do? I rolled my ass out of bed after having like 3 hrs of sleep and went to work. I get there, and do i get a "thanks for coming in?" No, actually i was actually told later that day in a "joking manner" that i was useless. I hate my job...and most of the people there. I work hard there, and i am definately one of the most valueable employees there. I used to work much harder, until i realized it wasn't appreciated. There is another kid my age there, and granted he has been there longer than me, so he gets paid more. But the kid is retarded, and is nowhere near as efficent as i am. Why should i work my ass off, just to get paid less than him? I understand that in the workplace, you have to swallow your pride sometimes, but this is crossing the line.

No comments: