Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cigarettes

10:47 pm
2/19/08
My Room

Today is my eighth day without a cigarette, and i'm doing pretty well. The first three days were the hardest so far. I'm not really feeling the nicotine cravings anymore, it's just the actual habbit it of it. I don't know how cigarettes stay legal. It's proven that they will eventually kill you, and cause birth defects. You know this while you're smoking, and the power of the the nicotine overpowers your will to not smoke. It's a sick thing really, how people get get LOADED off of so many people dying. This isn't news to anyone though, it just amazes me that cigarettes are still around. Now that i haven't been smoking, i already feel better. I have more energy, and it's nice to not have to shape your routine around cigarettes. I actually hung out with some friends who smoke today, and i din't smoke my self. If i have the wilpower to do that, at this point in the process, i think my chances are pretty good. I just hope it lasts, because this isn't my first time quiting. I actually quit for about three weeks, about half a year ago. I don't know why i started again. Stupid...

No comments: