Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life in the fast lane

8:46
2/10/08
My room

I got off of work early today, which was nice, seeing as I really didn't want to be there. I went home, and it was only areound twelve o'clock, s i worked out for a while, had a nice lunch, and went to my friends house. When i arrived he told me we were gonna go for a ride with this girl from around the corner. She had to take care of something out in Port Jeff. Well, this was my first time in a car, with her behind the wheel, and most definately my last. At first it wasn't sooo bad, but than we hit 347. As soon as the light turned green, she sqealed away like a bat out of hell. She was flying, clocking at about 85-95 mph, in the short and decreasing amount of open road remaining. We were approaching traffic ahead of us, and silly me, i expected her to slow down. At around 50 feet away from the first car she slowed about 5-10 mph, and in the best way that i can describe, she seemed to slip inbetween 3 cars in two different lanes. Now keep in mind she is still going about 20 mph faster than everyone else on the road. At this point i'm having a good time, a little buzz od adrenaline i guess. I thought she was dodne, but than she decided it would be smart to drive literally inches from the car in front of us, and than cut off the car next to us, avoiding them by about 2 ft. By this point me and my Friend are telling her to slow down. Than she jsut started to screw with us. She takes her hands off the wheel, and pulls a peice of yarn out of her pocket. She asks if we want to play cats cradle. My friend is pleading her to put her hands back on the wheel, but she says "don't worry, i've got wheel with my knee." Now i have to admit i do sometimes drive with my knee, but never when i am going 75 mph (she had to slow down a bit due to increased congestion of traffic. Finally i told her that if she didn't slow down, i was getting out of the car at the next red light, my friend agreed. Finally she got the led out of her foot, and she let off the gas. The rest of the ride wasn't to bad, but i'll tell you one thing, i thanked my lucky stars when i eventually stepped out of the vehicle.

No comments: