Monday, February 4, 2008

Defeat

6:39 pm
2/4/08
Computer Room

Well The Patriots lost. The Giants played a great game, and they wore Tom Brady down. I wouldn't have minded that much, it's just a football game, but i lost a good amount of money because of them. When i came into the deli this morning, a little hungover, there were articlas all over the deli, telling of the Giants victory, just to rub it in my face. A lot of customers came in and said to me "how 'bout them Patriots?". So it was a long day of poor sportsmanship, but not on my part. All I know is that i am not the only person who is still upset about the loss. The Pats were going to have a completely perfecct season, 19-0, and that would have put them in the books as the best NFL team to ever play. It's okay though 18-1 is nothing to complain about, only one other team every accomplished that, and that was the Dolphins. I had a good time watchng the game, even though my team lost. My friend has a monster of a television, and it's also HD, so i watched football as i never have before. There was plenty of food and drinks, so it was one hell of a superbowl party. As you probobaly assumed, I was the only Patriots fan there, so that also made for lot's of bets, and interesting conversation.

No comments: