Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's day

10:09
2/14/08
My room

It's Valentines day today, and just like everyday, i almost forgot to write my blog. Today was a busy day, but it could have been worse. Class was canceled this morning. I got to sleep a little bit more before going to the deli. All day today people were wishing me a happy Valentines day, and i was doing the same. Valentine's day is a funny holiday, seeing as it really isn't a holiday, it's a corporate holiday. For men it kinda sucks. Either your spending a small fortune on gifts for your sweethearts, or it's a depressing day, because you have no one to spend it with, that goes for women to though. Yes i am one of those poor SOBs who didn't have anyone to spend it with today. But i did give someone a valentine. This girl that works in the pizzaria a few stores down, that i have had my eye on for a little while. The only problem is that we have conflicting hours so she is never there when I'm at the deli. Today was my lucky day though because she was there. At first i was going to give her one of the heart shaped cookies that we sell, but of course we sold out of them, so i had to settle for a box of heart cupcakes. I brought them over to her, wished her a happy Valentine's day, and slipped her my number. Hopefullt she calls. I haven't been on a date in a while, i've just been to busy lately for any form of a social life. I guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: